Sunday, December 23, 2007

Salted Nut Squares

I think of my midwife Liz when I make this recipe. One year when I was pregnant I took a plate of cookies and bars to her as a gift when I went to my appt. These bars were one of the kinds on the plate. She told me later that they were her husband's favorite!

3 c salted peanuts without skins, divided
2 1/2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 c (12 oz) peanut butter chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 c mini marshmallows

Line the bottom and sides of an 11x7x2" pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Put half of the peanuts in the pan. Set aside.

Heat butter and peanut butter chips in microwave in lg bowl for 1 min. Stir. Heat at 30 second intervals as needed til all chips are melted, stirring in between. Add milk and marshmallows; stir til melted. Pour over peanuts.

Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top. Cover and refrigerate. Cut into bars. Makes 3-4 dozen.

No comments: