Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Carrot Cake


One of my best friends shared this recipe with me. I modified it slightly.

I baked this cake for my 33rd birthday.

2 c sugar
2 c flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
7 oz shredded coconut
2 c shredded carrots
1 c chopped walnuts (I don't add because I don't like nuts in cake.)
1 1/2 c oil
3 eggs
7 oz crushed pineapple, undrained
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min or til tests done. (I had to bake it for 60 min.) Cool to frost.

Frosting:
5 oz cream cheese, softenend
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
3 3/4 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 tsp milk
additional chopped walnuts (I omit.)

Mix well. Add additional powdered sugar if needed to achieve desired consistency. Sprinkle with walnuts.

No comments: